Values & Beliefs
(Taken for Iris Global Core Values)
1. We understand that we can find God, and can experience intimacy, communication and companionship with Him in His Presence, if we share His love for righteousness.
2. We are totally dependent on Him for everything, and we need and expect miracles of all kinds to sustain us and confirm the Gospel in our ministry.
3. We look for revival among the broken, humble and lowly, and start at the bottom with ministry to the poor. God chooses the weak and despised things of the world to shame the proud, demonstrating His own strength and wisdom. Our direction is lower still.
4. We understand the value of suffering in the Christian life. Learning to love requires willingness to suffer for the sake of righteousness. Discipline and testing make saints out of us, and produce in us the holiness, without which we will not see God’s face and share His glory. With Paul we rejoice in our weaknesses, for when we are weak we are strong.
5. The joy of the Lord is not optional and far outweighs our suffering! In Jesus it becomes our motivation, reward and spiritual weapon. In His Presence is fullness of joy, and with Paul we testify that in all our troubles our joy knows no bounds (2 Cor. 7:4). It is our strength and energy, without which we die.
*Equip Church Global is not a part of Iris Global nor affiliated with them in any way. We do honor and learn from them.
10 Christian Core Values of CLI
· Love is a non-negotiable.
· The motive for all we do is love.
· We love the Lord with all our heart, mind and strength; therefore, we exalt Him in all we do.
· We believe that all relational conflicts can be resolved if all parties involved are committed to love. If we face conflicts, we are committed to resolving them through love.
· Love involves forgiveness, mercy, and compassion.
· We are committed to all the values of love outlined in 1 Corinthians 13.
· All things are possible in God. We are committed to believing His Word and Promises.
· Faith pleases God, so we approach every assignment with faith.
· Jesus was righteous and pure in His thoughts, words, and conduct. He has given us His righteousness as a gift. Therefore, we are committed to godly morals, thoughts, words and conduct in all we do.
· We value living uprightly before all and do not want to do anything to cause another to stumble.
· We draw close to God and resist the temptations of the world and the flesh.
· As a ministry, we choose in love to abstain from alcohol and addictive agents that alter behavior or harm health and relationships, setting a good example.
· We are committed to obeying the Word of God without compromise.
· As a ministry we are committed to walking in humility before God and others.
· We esteem others as higher than ourselves.
· We die to ourselves and live for His purposes.
· We deny self-exaltation and position orientation.
· We value servanthood as Jesus modeled for us.
· We intentionally look for ways to serve others.
· We honor God in all we do.
· We honor God and with our tithes and offerings. God is worthy of the first and the best of all our substance.
· We honor each other by always looking to value the attributes God has invested in each one.
· We do not speak negative or evil of others.
· We do not gossip.
· God is generous and so we value generosity with all we have and with all we are.
· We intentionally look for ways to extravagantly bless, serve, and give to others.
· We are generous in our giving to the poor and to ministry needs.
· We value hard work and diligence that is born out of pure desire and passion to serve the Lord.
· All we do, we do as unto the Lord.
· We look for ways to go the extra mile.
· We commit ourselves to excellence in all we do.
· We remain faithful to God, to His people, and His Kingdom purposes.
· In faithfulness, we finish well. We finish what we start.
· We keep our commitments
· We are faithful to punctuality.
What We Believe – Our Statement of Faith
• The Bible is the inspired Word of God.
• Our God is One, but manifested in three Persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
• Man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of God, but through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world.
• Salvation is the gift of God to man through faith in Jesus Christ.
• The New Birth is necessary to all men, and when experienced, produces eternal life.
• Baptism in water is by immersion, is a direct commandment of our Lord, and is for believers only.
• The Baptism in the Holy Ghost is a gift and is accompanied by the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues.
• We believe in sanctification, which is living a life of holiness.
• Healing is the privilege of every member of the Church today provided through Jesus’ death on the Cross.
• Jesus will return and “. . . The dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air . . .” (1 Thess. 4:16–17).”
• The one who physically dies in his sins without accepting Christ is eternally lost and, therefore, has no further opportunity of hearing the Gospel or repenting.
THE SCRIPTURES—The Bible is the inspired Word of God, the product of holy men of old who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. The New Covenant, as recorded in the New Testament, we accept as our infallible guide in matters pertaining to conduct and doctrine (2 Tim. 3:16; 1 Thess. 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21).
THE GODHEAD—Our God is One, but in three manifestations—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, being coequal (Deut. 6:4; Phil. 2:6). God the Father is; the Sender of the Word (Logos) and the Begetter (John 14:28; John 16:28; John 1:14). The Son is the Word flesh-covered, the One Begotten, and has existed with the Father from the beginning (John 1:1; John 1:18; John 1:14) and is the fulness of the Godhead Bodily (Colossians 2:9). The Holy Spirit proceeds forth from both the Father and the Son and is eternal (John 14:16; John 15:26).
MAN, HIS FALL AND REDEMPTION—Man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of God, but through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world. The Bible says “...all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God,” and “...There is none righteous, no, not one” (Rom. 3:10; 3:23). Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was manifested to undo the works of the devil and gave His life and shed His blood to redeem and restore man back to God (Rom. 5:14; 1 John 3:8).
Salvation is the gift of God to man, separate from works and the Law, and is made operative by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, producing works acceptable to God (Eph. 2:8–10).
ETERNAL LIFE AND THE NEW BIRTH—Man’s first step toward salvation is godly sorrow that worketh repentance. The New Birth is necessary to all men, and when experienced, produces eternal life (2 Cor. 7:10; John 3:3–5; 1 John 5:12).
WATER BAPTISM—Baptism in water is by immersion, is a direct commandment of our Lord, and is for believers only. The ordinance is a symbol of the Christian’s identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection (Matt. 28:19; Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:12; Acts 8:36–39).
The following recommendation regarding the water baptismal formula is adopted; to wit: “On the confession of your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and by His authority, I baptize you in the Name of Jesus and the Father, Son & Holy Spirit. Amen.” (Acts 2:28 & Matt. 28:19)
Note: You don't have to be baptized in Jesus name only and you don't have to be baptized to be saved as some denominations teach.
BAPTISM IN THE HOLY GHOST—The Baptism in the Holy Ghost and fire is a gift from God as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to all believers in this dispensation and is received subsequent to the new birth. This experience is accompanied by the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit Himself gives utterance (Matt. 3:11; John 14:16,17; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:38,39; Acts 19:1–7; Acts 2:1–4).
Note: You don't have to speak in tongues to be saved as some denominations teach.
SANCTIFICATION—The Bible teaches that without holiness no man can see the Lord. We believe in the Doctrine of Sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration and continuing until the consummation of salvation at Christ’s return (Heb. 12:14; 1 Thess. 5:23; 2 Peter 3:18; 2 Cor. 3:18; Phil. 3:12–14; 1 Cor. 1:30).
DIVINE HEALING—Healing is for the physical ills of the human body and is wrought by the power of God through the prayer of faith, and by the laying on of hands. It is provided for in the atonement of Christ, and is the privilege of every member of the Church today (James 5:14,15; Mark 16:18; Isa. 53:4,5; Matt. 8:17; 1 Peter 2:24).
RESURRECTION OF THE JUST AND THE RETURN OF OUR LORD—The angels said to Jesus’ disciples, “...This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.” His coming is imminent. When He comes, “...The dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air...” (Acts 1:11; 1 Thess. 4:16,17).
Following the Tribulation, He shall return to earth as King of kings, and Lord of lords, and together with His saints, who shall be kings and priests, He shall reign a thousand years (Rev. 5:10; 20:6).
HELL AND ETERNAL RETRIBUTION—The one who physically dies in his sins without accepting Christ is hopelessly and eternally lost in the lake of fire and, therefore, has no further opportunity of hearing the Gospel or repenting. The lake of fire is literal. The terms “eternal” and “everlasting,” used in describing the duration of the punishment of the damned in the lake of fire, carry the same thought and meaning of endless existence as used in denoting the duration of joy and ecstasy of saints in the Presence of God (Heb. 9:27; Rev. 19-20).
MARRIAGE & GENDER—the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Genesis 2:18-25) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26-27)
OUR VIEWS ON TRANSGENDERSIM
As a Bible Believing Jesus Following ministry we adhere to the same position as stated by Focus on the Family
Their MISSION: To cooperate with the Holy Spirit in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with as many people as possible by nurturing and defending the God-ordained institution of the family and promoting biblical truths worldwide. They offer many valuable resources for Christian families, parents, marriages and children.
MINISTRY TO CHILDREN
How We Minister to Children
1. We teach children the meat and deeper truths of the Word of God by moving beyond the basic Bible stories and teaching children, biblical doctrine
2. We equip them for the work of the ministry making them active, spiritually functioning followers of Jesus
3. We create an atmosphere and opportunities where children can experience the presence of God and the gifts of the Spirit
What We Believe about Children
-We believe that according to the Word of God, children are fully capable of receiving and acting on the gospel including salvation through the blood of Jesus, the baptism in the Holy Spirit, water baptism, communion, and operating in the gifts of the Spirit when these things are taught simply and on their level of understanding.
-We believe that anything of and by the Spirit that God has for adults is also available to children. We believe that childhood is the time that God designed for people to receive the gospel, and that we must all become as little children to receive the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18:1-14)
-We believe we have a mandate from heaven to teach children the word of God (John 21:15/Deuteronomy 6:1-9 and 20:21.) We believe that children are a part of God’s end time army and that the Great Commission of preaching the gospel to all nations, laying hands on the sick, raising the dead, speaking in tongues (Matthew 28:19-20/Mark 16:15-16/Acts 2:16-17) fully applies to born again children as well as adults.
-We believe according to scriptural example (Judges 16:26/Matthew 2:2-7) that children will play a major role in ushering in the last great revival and the soon return of Jesus.